This is a recipe for making Jordan’s Country Crisp-like cereals.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳Cook time: 2 h
- 🍽️ Servings: 7
- Oat Flakes (270 g - 800 mL)
- Rice Flour (or any other flour) (20 g - 55mL)
- Sugar (100 g)
- Crushed Hazelnuts (20 g)
- Oil (any type) (60 g - 75 mL)
- Water (50 g)
- Chocolate (70 g) (optional)
- Vanilla Extract (1/2 tsp) (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 120°C.
- Prepare the cooking support with for example, a parchment paper on a cooking plate.
- Mix the sugar and the water, until the sugar dissolves.
- In a large container (like a salad bowl) introduce the Flour, the Oat Flakes, and the Crushed Hazelnuts (and optionally the Vanilla Extract), and mix.
- Introduce in the previous mixture, the Sugar Syrup and the Oil, and mix again.
- Deposit the paste obtained on the cooking plate without exceeding 2 cm in height.
- Bake the mixture in the 120°C oven until it becomes hard (in approximately 2 hours)
- Break the hardened mixture to obtain cereals.
- Add if you want some broken chocolate (or chocolate chips) in the cereals, or anything you want.