Or “Squash in Coconut Milk”. This is a common Filipino dish.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8
- One medium sized squash that is easy to peel (butternut squash is usually best)
- Two cans of coconut milk
- One onion
- A few cloves of garlic
- Remove the seeds from your squash, then peel it and chop it up into large cubes, then set aside. (The easiest way to peel the squash while raw is to cut it into strips and cut the skin off of each strip individually)
- Chop your onion and garlic and cook in an oiled stock pot until translucent.
- Once your onions are translucent add both cans of coconut milk to the pot along with your cubes of squash. Let simmer until squash is soft.
- When your squash is soft take a potato masher and mash about half of your squash leaving the rest of it as cubes.
- Take off heat and serve over rice.