- ⏲️ Prep time: 20 minutes
- 🍳 Cook time: 55 minutes
- 🍽️ Servings: 6-8
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 Tbsp boiling water
- (optional) Whipped cream, fresh fruit such as kiwifruit, passionfruit, and strawberries
- Beat all ingredients until smooth, stiff and shines.
- Continue beating mixture until soft peak forms when lifting beater (approx 12 minutes).
- Place on baking paper on tray.
- Bake in middle of oven at 180˚C (350-360˚F) for 10 minutes.
- Drop temperature down to 150˚C (300˚F) for 45 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave to cool in oven.
- (Optional) Serve with fruit salad and ice cream.