A quick and easy low-prep meal, able to be taken anywhere.
- ⏲️ Prep time: ~5 minutes + ingredients prep time
- 🍽️ Serves: 1
- 1-2 tortillas. Any brand works, but you can decide if you want the tortilla folded in half, or 2 tortillas together.
- ~4 small pinches of (Mozzarella, Oaxaca, or Montery Jack cheese).
- Most cheeses are fine, but the taste of oaxaca cheese is more authentic.
- If you don’t have pre-grated cheese, you can cut thin slices off of the block of cheese.
- A thin coating of oil on the pan. It will be more traditional, but also more unhealthy. (Optional)
- Any ingredients you want. ie, veggies, chicken, mushrooms (cooked), or beans
- Heat a pan to medium with an (optional) thin coating of oil.
- Lay a single tortilla down on the pan and arrange cheese on the edges.
- Arrange on 1 edge if you are making a folded quesadilla. Do both edges if using 2 tortillas. The cheese will help make sure the ingredients don’t fall out when flipping.
- Add the ingredients onto one half of the tortilla if using 1, or the entire surface if using 2.
- Fold empty half of the tortilla in the pan onto itself if you are only using one tortilla.
- If you are using 2 simply place the second on top of the first.
- Periodically flip the tortilla until both sides are golden brown.
- This may be hard if using 2 tortillas, so try your best or transfer it to a plate, flip it with your hands, and transfer it back to the pan.