- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 20 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Bulghur Wheat
- 1 oz Mixed Olives, drained
- 4 oz Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Za’atar Spice Blend
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced/grated
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F. Add 1 1/2 cup water and 1/4 tsp salt to a medium pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. While water comes to a boil, cut tomato into 1/4" pieces. Zest and juice the lemon.
- Add garlic and bulghur to the boiling water. Stir to combine, remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand until bulghur is tender and liquid is absorbed (15 mins).
- While bulghur rehydrates, pat chicken dry and season with Za’atar spice blend, salt, and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tsp oil, then the chicken. Sear until golden-brown. Transfer chicken to a sheet and bake on the middle rack in the oven until chicken is cooked through (10-12 mins)
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, 1 tsp oil, and 1/2 tsp salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When bulghur is done, fluff with a fork. Add olives, spinach, tomatoes, and half the dressing to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Thinly slice chicken. Divide bulghur salad between plates, then top with chicken. Sprinkle with feta and drizzle remaining dressing over top.
- Joel Maxuel