Easy to prepare Italian dish with lots of flavour great for a relaxing evening dipping bread and sipping wine.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 5 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 60 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 4 red onions
- 500g of cherry tomatoes (preferably mixed species)
- 4 garlic cloves
- Fresh basil leaves
- Black balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf of ciabatta bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c (400f)
- Put the chipolata sausages in an oven dish
- Cut 4 red onions into quarters spread them out in the oven dish.
- Mince 2 of the garlic cloves and add them to the oven dish.
- Add the 2 remaining garlic cloves to the oven dish, This can be done with the skin to create a garlic spread for the bread.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to the oven dish and toss to cover everything in oil
- Put the dish in the oven for 30 minutes. Toss everything around at 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Cut half of the cherry tomatos in half keep the other half intact.
- After 30 minutes take the dish out of the oven.
- Add all the tomatoes to the oven dish.
- Add 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the oven dish.
- Put the dish back into the oven for another 30 minutes at 200c (400f)
- After 30 minutes take the dish out of the oven and reheat the oven as per instructions on the ciabatta bread.
- Tear the fresh basil leaves and add to the oven dish. Let it rest while you wait for the bread.
- Take the bread out of the oven and serve along with the oven dish. Bread can be used to dip in the oven dish.