- ⏲️ Prep time: 5 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 40 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 5
- 1 cup Lentils
- 1 cup Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Fresh Chili or Bell Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 cup Regular Rice
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large Onion, diced
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover by 1" or more of water. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, then turn down heat to simmer, and cook covered for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add rice. Turn down to simmer for 20 minutes and fluff up rice with a fork and add to lentils.
- Boil 2 quarts of water, add elbow macaroni and cook until tender. Add to lentils.
- In a small skillet add 1 Tbsp of oil and saute chopped peppers finely for two minutes. Add the tomato, 1/2 cup of water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lime juice. Fold this sauce into the lentils.
- In another skillet heat 2 Tbsp oil, add onions and saute until brown. Garnish lentil mixture with the browned onions.
- Joel Maxuel