- ⏲️ Prep time: 20 min
- 🍳 Cook time:15 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tsp Lime Juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce, divided
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts or Skirt Steak, bones/skin removed
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 large Spanish Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 each Green, Red, and Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- Combine 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 Tbsp of the oil, garlic, 2 tsp soy sauce, the salt, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a resealable container, add chicken/steak, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine water, remaining soy sauce and lime juice, and a dash of salt and pepper - set aside.
- Grill meat over a medium-high flame for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Cut meat into thin strips - set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and peppers in remaining oil until brown - remove from heat and pour reserved liquid mixture over onions and peppers.
- Toss together meat, onions, and peppers.
- Can serve with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.
- Joel Maxuel