Hearty soup with lots of veggie and protein.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 15 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 20 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 6-8 bowls
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 small fennel bulbs, small-diced
- 2 small yellow onions, small-diced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or thyme
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- ½-1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes.
- 10-12 oz kale, (escarole, swiss chard, or spinach can also be used).
- 4 cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan, plus extra for serving if desired
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium.
- Add fennel, onion, rosemary and mix until tender (4-6 min).
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant (1 min).
- Add one handful of greens at a time, stirring until leaves wilt.
- Add white beans, broth, and black pepper,
- Bring to boil then bring to simmer while mashing some of the beans with a wooden spoon. Simmer until liquid has reduced and simmered (6-8 mins)
- Take off heat, stir in lemon juice and parmesan. Serve with some toasted bread that is good at scooping up soup. Enjoy!