- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 45 ~ 60 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8
- 1 kg of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 2 kg of pork loin or ribs cut into 5 cm pieces, it can be mixture of the two.
- 1 white onion without skin cut, in half.
- 4 branches of fresh epazote, or 15 branches of coriander tied with kitchen twine.
- 8 to 10 radishes, julienned or striped.
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro.
- 1 Mexican avocado, halved, pitted, pulp cut into squares.
- 4 lemons, quartered.
- Yucatan style tomato sauce or Chiltomate to taste (optional)
- Mexican tortillas
- In a large pot, put the black beans and 6 liters of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, with the lid half-open, for 45 minutes.
- Add the pork, onion, epazote or cilantro, and salt.
- Stir well. Cook for another hour and a half, with the pot partially covered, until the pork is cooked and tender.
- Make sure the broth does not dry out. You can add about 4 extra cups of boiling water after adding the pork.
- Put out the fire. Make sure the seasoning is OK.
- Serve the beans with pork with the radishes, cilantro, avocado, lemons, chiltomate sauce and habaneros.
- Enjoy with some authentic mexican tortillas.
- Bianca Purin