This is very simple pasta sauce. Unlike modern store-bought sauces, there is no added sugar, only the subtle taste of San Marzano tomatoes.
- a can of San Marzano tomatoes (or home-grown with some extra pulp)
- onion or garlic
- olive oil
- oregano or basil (Dried or diced)
- Heat up olive oil on saucepan.
- Add and roast either diced or grated onion or crushed and sliced garlic until translucent.
- Add San Marzano tomatoes, include the liquids from the can if possible.
- Simmer contents of the pan and crush the tomatoes on the pan with your instrument of choice.
- Additionally add desired herbs.