Can be served with a Spicy Yogurt Sauce as Tapas or Hors D’Oeuvres.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🧊 Chill time: 30 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 10 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 15
Sardine Fish Cakes
- 2 tins sardines (~4oz)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- lemon juice (optional)
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- minced garlic (optional)
- Remove sardines from tin, reserving oil, and place fish in a mixing bowl. Add remaining fish cake ingredients, along with the oil from one tin (about 2 TB) to the bowl.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together with a fork. Mix until incorporated, but don’t purée.
- Use something to scoop the fish cake mix into small balls. Flatten into small patties 2" across, and about ½" thick.
- Set patties on a rimmed baking sheet, large cast iron pan, or casserole dish.
- Refrigerate patties for about 30 minutes.
- While fish cakes chill, mix together all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce.
- Move oven rack to the top 3rd of the oven. Broil for 5 minutes, flip, and broil 3-5 minutes more, until cakes are golden brown.
- Drizzle some lemon juice on cakes. Serve while still hot with the yogurt sauce. Enjoy!