Steak Tartare is a dish prepared using raw ground / minced beef and egg yolk. A popular dish in Europe, this recipe is a good stepping stone into the world of raw meats, organs and pates.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 4
- Ground Beef (Lean as possible)
- Onion or Shallots
- Gherkin / Cornichons
- Parsley (Optional)
- Ketchup (Optional)
- Mustard (Optional)
- Worcestershire Sauce (Optional)
- Dice your onions or shallots.
- Finely slice your cornichons.
- Rinse, drain and chop your capers.
- Chop parsley. (Optional)
- Chop ground beef into smaller pieces.
- Add the above to a mixing bowl and mix with hands.
- Add ketchup, mustard or Worcestershire sauce as needed and mix further. (Optional)
- Separate an egg yolk from the whites.
- Loosely roll some of the mixture into a ball in your hand and place onto a plate and press softly to form a bowl shape, add egg yolk to indentation.
- Serve, you may now add salt and pepper as desired.