Delicious Spanish almond cake or famously known as tarta de Santiago. This is a cake from Galicia and it is super easy to make, with only 3 main ingredients. I always feel this type of cake is just perfect for the holiday season.
- ⏲️ Prep time: 15 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 40 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar (150 gr)
- 1 ½ cup almond meal (150 gr)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 clementine
- Icing sugar, for dusting on top
- Add eggs and sugar into a bowl and whisk until the mixture turns pale.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for icing sugar and using a spatula, gently fold everything until well combine.
- Pour batter into a 7 inch (18 cm) springform pan that has been buttered and floured. Bake in a preheated oven at 360ºF (180ºC) for 40 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Cool completely. Place the Santiago cross cut out on top and dust generous amount of icing sugar all over the cake. Carefully remove the cut out. Slice and serve, enjoy!
- As I mentioned earlier, this cake is dusted with icing sugar with an imprint of Santiago’s cross on its top surface. You can also make an imprint of a scallop shell. Or with no imprint at all. Your choice.