- ⏲️ Prep time: 10 min
- 🍳 Cook time: 30 min
- 🍽️ Servings: 8
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 tsp Savoury
- 6 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs Cod Fillets
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley or Chives, chopped
- In a large, heavy saucepan, cook bacon over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until crisp. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Drain off all but 1 tbsp. fat from saucepan. Add onions and savoury. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add potatoes, carrots, water and salt. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender
- Cut cod into 1-inch chunks. Add to vegetables and simmer for about 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- Add milk and white pepper, heat through. Garnish with bacon and parsley.
- Joel Maxuel